I’m guilty. I TOTALLY have a sweet tooth. Some people are able to cut out treats, but I’ve tried and it simply makes me miserable. I think my “sweet” personality requires the extra sugar intake. 😉
But with that said, I’m trying to cut out refined sugar as much as possible with natural sweeteners. I experiment in the kitchen to create recipes that are low in sugar as well as high in nutritional benefits so I fuel my body with what I put in it. I also do not eat dairy or eggs so these are all egg and dairy free!
I hope your belly’s enjoy these 3 recipes I’ve created over the past year!
Vanilla Protein Pancakes!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder by@arbonnecanada
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup almond/coconut milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon (Optional, but highly recommended!)
Instructions: Mix together, cook with coconut oil on medium heat and enjoy! (I drizzled mine in creamed honey mmmm…)
Peanut Butter+Banana Muffins!
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon (I LOVE cinnamon haha)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt/coconut milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup PB2 powder (peanut butter powder high in protein, low in fat)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Smooth peanut butter (nothing added, just pure blended peanut) for “Frosting”
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line muffin tin with muffin liners.
2) In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and PB2. Set aside.
3) Mix yogurt, apple sauce, coconut sugar, mashed bananas, and vanilla until well combined.
4) Mix all ingredients together. Fill muffin liners half full and bake for 20 minutes.
Frost with a thin layer of your favourite all natural peanut butter and enjoy!
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
(as featured in the first photo!)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup rolled oats blended (in blender to make an oat flour)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cut semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in 4 tbsp water for 4-5 minutes)
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
3) Spoon cookie dough onto baking sheet (makes about 10 cookies), then will not spread.
4) Cook in oven for 15-18 minutes and enjoy!
Let me know if you try the recipes and what you thought of them! If you changed something and liked it better I’d love to know your suggestions too!
Happy baking friends! xox