Tonight I was having some amazing me-time (something everyone needs!) catching up with friends, watching movies and craving something sweet to snack on. I have a sweet tooth but I’m trying my best to resist highly processed, tons of added sugar/salt treats, the stuff I always resorted to in the past. So tonight I “invented” a healthy treat! And this one really hit the spot. Best part is it took 5 minutes to make! Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Bites:
- 1 medium ripe banana
- Half-full a bar of dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- A few dollops of peanut butter (but REAL peanut butter! Not the processed mostly sugar/corn syrup and oil stuff. Get 100% peanuts! Or almond butter if you like!)
- Cut the banana into 1 inch slices.
- Heat a small pot of water to nearly boiling, place a smaller pot in that boiling water and fill that pot with coconut oil + dark chocolate (separated into chunks). Stir consistently until melted and smooth.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of peanut butter onto each banana slice then poor a spoonful of chocolate onto each banana+peanut butter slice.
- Place in freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately!