Seeing all the American Thanksgiving posts got me inspired to make my own Thanksgiving-like comfort food: veggie style! Recipes below.
One Step Roasted Winter Veggies
- 1 small butternut squash (chopped into 2 inch pieces)
- 20-30 Brussel sprouts (cut in half)
- 1 large red pepper (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Oven: 400 degrees
- Mix everything together, put in oven on tin foil for 35-40minutes and enjoy!
Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- 1/3 cup of vegan butter
- 1 large shallot (chopped)
- 6-8 large white mushrooms (chopped)
- 4-6 leaves of Sage (chopped)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- Melt butter in sauce pot at medium low heat.
- Add chopped shallots, mushrooms and sage to pot, stir in and cook for 7-10 minutes or until onions are translucent. Stir every couple minutes to prevent burning.
- Add salt, pepper and flour. Stir everything til well mixed.
- Add vegetable broth and stir until mixed.
- Bring to bubbling then lower heat to simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes until gravy thickens. Whisk every couple minutes to prevent burning.
Garlic Rosemary Cauliflower
- 1 large Cauliflower head
- About 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs of Rosemary
- 2 spriges of Sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Oven: 400 degrees
- Place garlic cloves, rosemary and sage in tin foil on a pan (about size of cauliflower head)
- Clean cauliflower and cover in vegan butter (top and bottom). Maybe melt your butter a bit first if it’s hard to spread. Then salt, pepper and garlic powder the whole cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower on top of a bed of fresh sage, fresh rosemary and place in over. Cook for 30 minutes then re-butter the top. Cook for another 20-30 minutes.