Do you have a bunch of vegetables you need to use up in your fridge? Feeling under the weather and need a nutrient packed meal that’s easy to make? Need some warm comfort food for the winter months? Well this recipe is perfect for all of that! 🙂
Easy Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 946mL no salt added Kitchen Basics Vegetable Stock (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill soup mix
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 8-10 white mushrooms (chopped)
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 stocks of celery (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 stock of green onion (chopped)
- 15-20 mini yellow potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes OR 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp Italian spices
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or milk of choice)
(I used up the ingredients I had in my fridge so this can definitely be adjusted to the ingredients you have.)
Combine all vegetables and spices in large pot with oil. Stir until well mixed and cook on medium/medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables like mushrooms are starting to brown a bit. Stir every couple minutes.
Add vegetable stock + soup mix and turn heat down to simmer. Cover and let simmer for 1-2 hours (the longer you wait the tastier it gets!) and stir every half hour. If the liquid is getting low, add 1/2 a cup of water or more vegetable stock.
20 minutes before serving, stir in the milk to make it creamier. Cook for another 20-30 minutes and enjoy!