Need a yummy “cheesy” flavour to complete a dish? Use this Vegan Ricotta Recipe for dolloping on pasta, pizza, chili, soup, or even as a sandwich spread or vegetable dip! It’s one of those “put that sh** on everything!” kinda toppings!
Vegan Ricotta Recipe
- 1 heaping cup of Raw Cashews (soaked in water for 4-6 hours)
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk (brand I used: SoNice)
- 1/3 block of Extra Firm Smoked Tofu (brand I used: Soyganic)
- 1/3 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- Juice from 1/4 of a Lemon
- 1/3 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1-2 pinches Black Pepper
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews.
- Combine cashews and almond milk in blender/food processor and blend til combined (but not liquified, we still want texture!). If not blending keep adding almond milk little by little until blending.
- Add tofu and blend some more but try not to puree, keep texture to mimic ricotta!
- Add remaining ingredients (nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic salt and black pepper) and blend until just combined.
- Serve right away or put in sealed container to enjoy later! Keeps in a refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. 🙂
Here’s it is on top of some Vegan Lasagna Soup! 🙂