When it’s a cold rainy day or you’re feeling under the weather, this soup will pick you right up. It’s nutritious and delicious, warming you all the way to the soul.
- 2 peeled and cubed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 peeled and quartered Yellow Onion
- 4-5 peeled Carrots
- 1/2 an Orange Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 spoonful of Coconut oil
- 1-2 chopped cloves of Garlic
- 2-3 chopped leaves of Sage
- 1/2-3/4 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a large casserole dish with the spoonful of coconut oil. Place sweet potatoes, yellow onion, carrots, pepper, in this dish. Add cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stir until vegetables are well/evenly coated.
- Cook in oven uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Take out to stir in garlic cloves and sage leaves. Put back in over for 10-15 more minutes (or until squash is soft).
- Put contents of casserole dish and Almond Milk in large blender/food processor and Puree until smooth and creamy. (For extra creamy-ness you could add a spoonful of vegan butter or equivalent)
- Add salt/pepper to taste and Enjoy!